Winteringham Hi-Res History Photos
Church from Hill 2
Winteringham Church from the Hill

Winteringham Church from the Hill

This postcard is thought to have been taken in the early years of the 20th century.

Note the flagpole on the church tower, and the tower itself covered in ivy.  To the left of the tower in the middle distance is a large brick barn, with fields of stooked corn behind.  The “Tudor” Rectory is the large building in front of the Church, at this time used as stables and outhouses, complete with greenhouse and kitchen garden to the right.  To the right is Rookery Cottage.

[Home] [Church - coloured] [Church with Cattle] [Church from Hill 1] [Church from Hill 2] [Two Church Views] [The Church from West] [Church from South East] [Church Interior] [The Home Guard] [Nat School Playground] [National School Infants] [National School Seniors] [National School 1920] [School 1935] [Low Burgage] [The Orchard] [West End] [Barges] [Pigsties] [Steelworks] [Pong Shop 1979] [Sluice Gates] [Shoemaker's Lane] [Haven Low Tide] [High Burgage] [Taking the Waters] [The Haven] [Low Burgage 1900s] [Western Green Cowboy] [Armistice Parade] [West End Maltkiln] [Haven] [Boatyard] [Gate End] [Multiview Card 1] [Multiview Card 2] [Post Office] [West Farm]